1. I finished two syllabi for the homeschool co-op classes I teach. I have one more to finish today. (I meant to get it all done earlier this summer, but here it is, one day before the deadline, and I'm scrambling to finish)
2. Had a fun Writer's Workshop on Monday night. As always, I'm blown away by the talented writers that come, and I wonder what I'm doing leading the group.
3. Had a wonderful ladies night out with six friends who I don't see often enough, to celebrate one of our friends coming into town for a visit.
4. My oldest daughter went out for the high school cross country team this week. She loves it, and while she's at practice, my youngest daughter and I go for a run/walk. (Sometimes I huff and puff up hills, but I make it up them, so that's all that matters.) Plus, I'm still bicycling with my husband 3-4 days a week, even in the rain. Someday, I will lose the extra 35 pounds I'm carrying and have muscle!!!
5. We have an unexpected guest in our household:
This little dog/puppy was running lost at a park where my husband plays softball, and despite all our efforts, we can't seem to find his owner. Some kids at the softball game (mine weren't there) asked everyone in the park if he belonged to them, we've had him checked for a micro-chip (nothing there), we've put up flyers in the area of the park and at pet stores and vet clinics, driven him back to the park and tried to have him walk us home (he found lots of good smells but didn't follow any direct route) and posted about him on facebook. It's been six days . . . and he's growing on us. So he's a mixed blessing: we want him to have a really good home and we would love for him to find his original owners. At the same time, my husband named him the first day he was with us (Clyde - not my choice of name, but it fits somehow), he cuddles with all of us, and he's really sweet.
So, what are you celebrating this week? Have you experienced any mixed blessings lately?
And, next week or the week after (I need to check my calendar), I'll be starting some interviews on Friday and shortening my Celebrate posts! (if I can - Viklit has reminded me of how much there is to celebrate!)