Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Blessings August 14th

Sunday Blessings!

Music Blessings:
1. I'll Fly Away

2. Amazing Grace

3. Heart of Worship

4. Another Hallelujah

Worship Blessings:

5. Prayer

6. Communion

7. Sharing of the Peace

8. A great sermon!

Church Picnic Blessings

9. Fellowship at the park right after worship at the park!

10. Conversations and laughter

11. Small children, big kids, and adults who act like kids

12. Water balloon tosses, and bubble blowing contests.

Church Softball Blessings:

13. We played hard, we cheered for one another, and we had fun.

14. The team that beat us is playing in the finals, and they are a great bunch of people.

Reading/Home Blessings:

15. Sweet dogs, and cat, and quiet time.

16. Girls reading, beading, sewing, and playing.

17. Finishing a good book about true friendship, forged in the midst of sci-fi action.
CassaStar by Alex J. Cavanaugh starts slow, but builds tension and pacing quickly to reveal the heart and depth of friendship, in the midst of action packed, page turning space battle. I highly recommend this book, and I'm looking forward to the sequel, CassaFire. Plus if you happen to be a blogger, or just a blog-lover, I highly recommend Alex's blog Alex J. Cavanaugh - he writes a fun, friendly, and helpful blog for writers, readers, and movie lovers. He'll be hosting the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest in September. No one can make you wish you'd seen awful movies like Alex . . . so check it out.



Scripture Blessings:
John 14:6
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Oh wow! The last one was totally unexpected. Thank you so much and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. And I appreciate the kind words as well. You rock!

Pam Williams said...

I can just "see" the progression of your Sunday with blessing poured upon blessing. Thank you for a beautiful word picture that blesses us when we read and imagine it.
Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com

Carol Riggs said...

Lovely list of blessings. :) I have CassaStar on my hubby's Kindle to read! He's already read it and now it's my turn. Thanks for the further review/recommendation.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - You're welcome!

Pam - Thanks so much for your encouragement!

Carol - Thanks! Enjoy reading!

Joanne said...

I love the first two songs. they alwsy make me feel better.#10 ans 12 are also really great. I love to laugh!
Blessings, Joanne