Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Imagining the Sea

I can smell the sea this morning
and hear the birds sweet trilling

The air is soft with moisture
the fog holds the trees closer

Salty water beckons beyond the treeline
so I close my eyes and imagine

the sea, lapping the shore by my toes
or a kayak paddle lifting up out of the water
and a seal poking its head out to look at me
sand dollars tilted in the sand,
or layered over one another in a bed of purple
or sea stars, mussels and urchins clinging to rocks
or . . .

you can imagine . . . .


What do you imagine this morning?




Yesterday, I woke to gray cloud-fog that burned off as I went for my daily walk. This morning, the fog is already fading into blue, which I love too. :-)


Scripture Blessing for the Day:
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments: