Tuesday, May 10, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, 344 and 345

365 Days of Blessings, Days 344 and 345
Today, out of all the amazing blessings that God has showered down on us, I'm giving thanks for these:

1. On Mother's Day, our church did something a little different for worship.

2. On Mother's Day, our whole church congregation embraced doing something a little different with enthusiasm.

3. On Mother's Day, we were all given special clothes to wear. And guess what, they were white! If that sounds like something out of the Bible, check out Matthew 22 and the parable of the wedding banquet.

4. On Mother's Day, we read about Jesus feeding the hungry multitudes that followed him with five loaves of bread and two fish - check out Matthew 14 and Matthew 15.

5. On Mother's Day, our congregation swelled from 120 to 150, and we packed 10,120 meals for hungry children with help from Children of the Nations.

6. Every person from age three to age ninety-three could help with the meal packing. There was a job for everyone.

7. It only took us 45 minutes to pack those 10,120 meals.

8. Each meal feeds six people.

9. Packing food for the hungry makes me think about how often I take food for granted.

10. This video from Children of the Nations:

Feed a child. Change a life. from Children of the Nations on Vimeo.



11. Children Of The Nations' website at Children Of The Nations

12. A comfy couch for a sick day. Or as I like to call it as a homeschooling mom - the Command Comfy Couch for a sick homeschool mom.

13. A wonderful pastel crazy quilt that my grandma made 25 years ago. It's old, and worn, and in some places threadbare, but I love it.

14. My kids are helpful when I'm sick.

15. My cat warmed my feet today.

16. My older dog tried to climb up on the couch and comfort me - she didn't fit, and so she just leaned.

17. My kids were very good about getting some of their lessons done, even when I was sleeping.

18. I let my kids play games . . . the beauty of homeschooling is that we can just spread out the lessons as needed.

19. My husband took our girls to dance classes.

20. The Lord gives me rest.

Scripture Blessings:
"The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want."
Psalm 23:1

No comments: