Monday, April 18, 2011

Over the Ocean, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 323

Over the Ocean, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 323

Over the Ocean.
That just says it all for me, right there. Can I stop?

6 and ½ miles over the ocean, in a 767, flying to Hawaii.

Could life get any better?

I’m not sure for a moment, and then I think, yes, it could. We could have world peace, freedom from sin, redemption for each individual and the whole of creation all at once for all time . . .

However, at this moment, I’m enjoying the dot, the moment, right here and right now, and giving thanks and praise for:
1.Vacation

2.Hawaii


3.Flight

4.Three Islands and 13 days.


5.Macadamia nuts.

6.Parents who take care of pets.

7.Kids who love dance so much that they danced for two days at convention, and then for an hour in the airport before our flight, and now, with muscles ready for rest they are content with sharing a DS, their books, lettuce wrap sandwiches, and a tiny snack.

8.Rest under a warm blanket with a seat tilted back. The reality is, I can’t sleep on a plane, but I can sure doze in a haze for hours and just daydream. It’s the most rest I’ve had while semi-awake in months. I’ve finally set it all aside, for nearly two whole weeks.


9.Posting is so much fun, that I’ll keep this up. Especially, if I can pre-write several posts at 6 and ½ miles above the ocean. I love it.

10.Reminiscing in the airport this morning. We were on the concourse closest to the Alaska Airlines hangar where my dad used to work. We passed by the restaurant corner where my mom and I met my dad so many times for lunch. That was back in the old days when you could go to the airport, walk through the security archway, and gaze at the planes, without having a boarding pass, an ID, or a full security search of your person. However, it has changed, I still love the airport, especially that part of it. I always admired my Dad’s work, and loved the privilege of flight.


11.The Lord gives us souls meant for the freedom of faithful flight. (That’s my personal interpretation of salvation – I know that at best it’s allegorical)

Scripture Blessings:

“but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not grow faint.”
Isaiah 40:31

No comments: