Friday, March 18, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 293

Giving Thanks and Praise for these varied blessings:

1. My favorite love song of all time L-O-V-E

2. I finally, after a great deal of scrutiny from myself and my nine year old daughter, re-submitted my revised poem "Octopus Rising" to Every Day Poets today. I really appreciate the feedback from the editors at that site. My nine year old daughter still isn't satisfied with it, and thinks it needs another stanza, but I decided to re-submit it anyway.

3. After days of feeling shut in the house with sickness, I loved every moment of my beautiful two mile walk in the sunshine this morning. The Northwest is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

4. Trader Joe's Grocery stores.

5. Hasty gardening for an hour - the kind of gardening that gets a giant wagon load of old leaves, weeds, and branches picked up and composted as quickly as possible.

6. Red and green grapes.

7. Soft, wet dirt that's easy to weed.

8. Weedy strawberry plants that never stop growing - this is kind of a mixed blessing.

9. Finding a brown worm in the rich soil . . . a sign of a good place to plant.

10. Primroses.

Scripture Blessings (from a devotional I received via e-mail today):

"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad lives in the Northwest and it is absolutely beautiful. I hope to visit when my kiddos are older! I hope you feel better soon!

BTW, this is the first time I have heart the L-O-V-E song and I love it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Karen Lange said...

You are so blessed! I was blessed today to run into my daughter in law and grandson at Walmart. The little guy helped me unload my groceries (he's 3). Then later my dil texted me and sent an audio clip of him singing "You are my sunshine." That capped off my day nicely. :)
Blessings,
Karen

Sylvia Ney said...

What an awesome post. Thank you for sharing and reminding me how much to be grateful for every day. I'm also signed up for the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Faith Imagined - Glad you enjoyed L-O-V-E!

Karen - thanks for sharing your blessings! I overheard a little boy singing "You are my Sunshine" the other day, and it made my day.

Sylvia - Thanks! And Thank you for becoming my 50th follower!!! I appreciate it. Where can I find your blog?