Wednesday, January 26, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 241

I struggled with thankfulness today, but I realized over and over that giving thanks and praise in the tough moments is just as important, if not more important than giving thanks and praise in the good moments.

So today, I'm giving thanks and praise for these blessings:

1. The Fruits of the Spirit in Sign Language - my youngest daughter is teaching them to me this way.

2. Music stands that keep music at just the right angle for a guitar player. (Not me, my oldest daughter and my mom)

3. Veggies with hummus dip. Yum.

4. Crafts.

5. A wonderful friend who called my daughter when she was feeling blue.

6. A younger sister helping her older sister.

7. My oldest daughter's ingenuity and engineering skills. After realizing that she couldn't carry things well on crutches, she improvised with a bag and a scarf, attaching the small bag to her crutches with the scarf. Pretty, and practical.

8. Easy access to quick medical care.

9. Well wishes and prayers from friends and family.

10. Whenever we need to borrow an adjustable pair of crutches, we can call my Dad. Plus, due to my Dad's experience with crutches, and my mom's experience as a nurse, we will never (or at least not often) walk on crutches the wrong way.

11. The Lord provides.


Scripture Blessings:

"Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, 'On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.'" Genesis 12:13-14

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I miss doing crafts... I should do something creative sometime soon

Tyrean Martinson said...

I'm not all that "crafty" but my daughters are . . . and then we have so much fun that I wonder why we don't do them more. Of course, I'm more of an super easy casual craft person . . .and I know many who are amazing artists.

Angie said...

Man, crutches are no fun. I admire your ability to count your blessings even when you don't really want to.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - Thanks! I have to admit I was pretty grumpy for a while that day, and it took me a while to count my blessings. Really, I have to remember that God has been exceedingly generous to me, just by sending Jesus to die for my sins, and the sins of all people.

Angie said...

That's so true and so hard to remember sometimes. Thanks for your great uplifting posts to help with that!