Saturday, January 22, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 237

Giving Thanks and Praise for these awesome, but every day blessings:

1. Conversations about dogs.

2. The cuteness of our beagle. It works for him when we have company. We've become immune due to his acts of sabotaging garbage cans.

3. The sweetness and happiness of our rhodesian ridgeback. She's shy, but happy nearly all the time.

4. Having a dog clever enough to open a lower kitchen drawer to climb onto the counter top and knock food down. It's funny 48 hours afterwards. If only we had the time, energy, and ability to use his cleverness for something good.

5. Having an 11 year old dog with bad joints and a messed up spine, who still wags her whole body with her tail, smiles for us, and brings us her toys. She wants to play, all the time. (well, when she's not taking in her beauty sleep)

6. Waking up 8 girls for breakfast, and seeing them all be pretty good company even after little sleep.

7. Having my husband back me up, when I asked the girls for the second time to go to sleep at 4:40 a.m. 4:40!!! We thought they were asleep way before then!

8. My oldest daughter is very close to twelve. Just 3 days left of being 11.

9. Birthday cake for dessert the day after a party.

10. Sunshine after many days of grey rain.

11. God has us in his hands, all the time.

Scripture Blessings:
"Into your hands I commit my spirit;
deliver me, LORD, my faithful God."
Psalm 31:5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love birthday cake for breakfast after the party! And number 11 is always an important 'every day' blessing to remember. Thank you for the reminder.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Lynn - birthday cake mornings are fun, and only a once a year treat, so the calories don't count, right?