Monday, January 10, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 226

Today I'm giving thanks and praise for different blog posts that got me thinking creatively, prayers, song lyrics, and thoughts that inspire me:

1. Doodles, and posts about doodling. In her post, Do You Doodle? Angie shares her feelings about doodling. I happen to like creative doodling, especially when I throw words on the margins with scribbles around them. It is kind of a brainstorming exercise for me.

2. Princess stories and discussions about them, like the one started at Diamonds and Toads I started imagnining a singing Prince wooing a silent princess, who is sewing feathers into shirts for her 12 brothers . . . kind of a retold fairy tale idea that's now brewing into a short story. Wouldn't it be great if Disney did some singing Prince movies? Why is it that the Princess is always the one singing?

3. An interesting post on transitions in life and writing at Nevets Paradox made me excited about revising my own writing, and looking at transitions specifically.

4. Yesterday when I stopped by Karen's Write Now I discovered an award waiting for me! What an amazing blessing and surprise. Thank you, Karen!!! You have been a blessing to me since I the earliest days of my blog, giving me encouragement in all the right moments.

5. Inspiring posts like this one at Writer's Manna Changing the World With Your Writing make my day!

6. Signs You May Have The Writing Syndrome from The Golden Eagle.

7. Listening to the radio and hearing Hold us Together by Matt Maher at just the right moment in time, and singing it together as a family.

8. This is the first day of the rest of our lives . . .

9. The Lord makes all things new.

10. The continued prayers, encouragement, and support of my awesome Christian brothers and sisters. Thanks be to the Lord, for my forever family!!!

11. The Lyrics of Hold Us Together by Matt Maher:
It don't have a job
Don't pay your bills
Won't buy you a home
In Beverly Hills

Won't fix your life
In five easy steps
Ain't the law of the land
Or the government

But it's all you need..

Love, will, hold us together
Make us a shelter
to weather the storm

And I'll, be, my brothers keeper
So the whole world will know
That we're not alone

It's waiting for you
Knockin' at your door!
Every moment of truth
When your heart hits the floor

When you're on your knees then...

Love, will, hold us together
Make us a shelter
to weather the storm

And I'll, be, my brothers keeper
So the whole world will know
That we're not alone

This is the first, day of the rest of your life
This is the first, day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, s'gonna be alright

This is the first, day of the rest of your life
This is the first, day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, s'gonna be alright

Love, will, hold us together
Make us a shelter
to weather the storm

And I'll, be, my brothers keeper
So the whole world will know
That we're not alone


Scripture Blessings:


Luke 10:25-28
"On one occassion and expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher,' he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?'
'What is written in the law?' he replied. 'How do you read it?'
He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
'You have answered correctly,' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live.'"

3 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! And the other links too. I think a prince movie would be awesome!

Golden Eagle said...

Thank you so much for the mention! :)

Congratulations on your award!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - You're welcome!I think a prince movie could be so cool. I know that boys don't always get into that kind of thing, so maybe it would have to a prince/knight/superhro type prince movie, but still . . . daydreaming is fun.

Golden Eagle - You're welcome! And Thanks!