Tuesday, August 24, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 87

365 Days of Blessings, Day 87

1. God is with us wherever we go.

2. Singing the "I just wanna be a sheep, baa, baa, baa, baa" song on a road trip.

3. Singing "Fried Ham" on a road trip, even with limited enthusiasm from the back seat.

4. Spending 3 of the 5 hours on the road trip working on the rough draft of my writing class syllabus. I meant to have it finished already, but now . . . I know I have a big chunk done.

5. Car conversations.

6. Hearing my kids list off their reading accomplishments for the summer. They hadn't realized that they've read at least a dozen books in the last 8 weeks, and I think they've read a few more than that . . . we just can't remember them all.

7. Reading in the car without getting car sick.

8. My oldest daughter is backing up her desire to own a parakeet with knowledge gained from a library book, and by taking more responsible care of our dogs and cat.

9. Eating fresh blackberries right off the thorny vines in our yard.

10. A tiny frog jumped on my yougest daughter's big toe yesterday, then led us on a merry chase through the grass.

Extra Blessing: Taking a day to remember a wonderful Uncle.

What have you been blessed by lately? Back to school shopping? Fresh pencils? A camping trip? A hug from a friend?

Please share with me, and I'll post those blessings at the top of my blog.

Scripture Blessings:


"But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying for the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord." Jonah 1:3

Is it possible to flee from the Lord? Jonah found out that a boat ride really couldn't take him far enough. We are all blessed by God's presence in our lives. Running away just doesn't work beause God is with us wherever we go.

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

Here in north central KY, we've been blessed with weather that's a little cooler. It is so refreshing after a long summer mostly in the 90's. I am looking forward to and thankful for fall!
Blessings,
Karen :)